One of the greatest advantages of Internet marketing is that it had created a level playing field for small to mid-size businesses in competing effectively with larger corporations for a market share or simply launching a new product or service.
Internet marketing through search engines can help you acquire and maintain an eager and ready to buy customer base. Since every visitor arriving at your website from a search engine already knows the product or service he or she is looking for, you are not wasting precious advertising dollars on trying reaching an audience that is not interested in your products or services. Internet marketing has evolved a great deal from the early days of banner advertising to today's very focused pay-per-click advertising and natural search engine ranking.
When doing a close comparison between other Internet marketing strategies search engine positioning has a higher return on investment and delivers more visitors to your website. The catch, however, is that you have to learn the basics and become proficient with Internet marketing through search engines, thereby leveraging your long-term website investment over time.
You start can marketing your web site through the search engines by learning the basics of search engine positioning, link popularity building and optimization. This in turn will rank your site higher, giving you better search engine placement which equals more visitors to your website.
Internet Marketing Through Search Engine Placement
Why is search engine placement and ranking the most cost effective method of online advertising?
- Nearly 90% of traffic to most web sites is found by using a search engine or directory.
- Potential customers finding your web site through a search engine or directory have already decided that they need the type of products and services your company offers by using the keyword phrases that describe your business.
- Studies have shown that search engines and directories provide better results than other forms of online advertising.
Internet Marketing ROI
Search engines are the primary interface between people using the Web and websites. If you are not found in the top 20-30 rankings when someone conducts a query for a keyword for your product or service, you may have given up that valuable position to your competitors.
The Internet marketing solution is clearly having high visibility on the search engines by performing keyword analysis and optimization, submitting your website to the search engines, as well as building link popularity and measuring your site's effectiveness in both how you are attracting visitors and keeping them engaged with what your website has to offer.
Search engine positioning is simply a necessary component of any Internet marketing strategy. If you are working on a website promotion program that does not include search engine positioning, your Internet marketing promotion strategy is incomplete.
A Quick Internet Marketing Plan
- Submit your site to search engines.
- Submit your site to search engine directories .
- Submit your site to pay-per-click search engines.
- Optimize your web pages for different keywords.
- Build link popularity by exchanging links with other sites.
- Offer something for free, e.g. a newsletter.